(click/touch triangles for details)
- Thus speak of the whale, the great Cuvier, and John Hunter, and Lesson, those lights of zoology and anatomy.Chapters 31-33 -- Queen Mab; Cetology; The Specksnyder (15% in)
- But it may possibly be conceived that, in the internal parts of the whale, in his anatomy—there, at least, we shall be able to hit the right classification.Chapters 31-33 -- Queen Mab; Cetology; The Specksnyder (51% in)
- Nay; what thing, for example, is there in the Greenland whale's anatomy more striking than his baleen?Chapters 31-33 -- Queen Mab; Cetology; The Specksnyder (52% in)
- Did erudite Stubb, mounted upon your capstan, deliver lectures on the anatomy of the Cetacea; and by help of the windlass, hold up a specimen rib for exhibition?Chapters 100-102 -- The Pequod meets….; The Decanter; A Bower in the Arsacides (75% in)
- But some specimen bones of it being taken across the sea to Owen, the English Anatomist, it turned out that this alleged reptile was a whale, though of a departed species.Chapters 103-105 -- Measurement of The Whale's Skeleton; The Fossil Whale; Does the Whale Diminish (44% in)
There are no more uses of "anatomy" in Moby Dick.
Typical Usage (best examples)