(click/touch triangles for details)
- It might be thought that this was a poor way to accumulate a princely fortune—and so it was, a very poor way indeed.Chapters 16-18 -- The Ship; The Ramadan; His Mark (40% in)
- It seemed as though, by some nameless, interior volition, he would fain have shocked into them the same fiery emotion accumulated within the Leyden jar of his own magnetic life.Chapters 34-36 -- The Cabin-Table; The Mast-Head; The Qarter-Deck--Ahab and all (95% in)
- But at length, such calamities did ensue in these assaults—not restricted to sprained wrists and ankles, broken limbs, or devouring amputations—but fatal to the last degree of fatality; those repeated disastrous repulses, all accumulating and piling their terrors upon Moby Dick; those things had gone far to shake the fortitude of many brave hunters, to whom the story of the White Whale had eventually come.Chapters 40-42 -- Midnight, Forecastle; Moby Dick; The Whiteness of the Whale (23% in)
- ...the Passion of our Lord; though in the Vision of St. John, white robes are given to the redeemed, and the four-and-twenty elders stand clothed in white before the great-white throne, and the Holy One that sitteth there white like wool; yet for all these accumulated associations, with whatever is sweet, and honourable, and sublime, there yet lurks an elusive something in the innermost idea of this hue, which strikes more of panic to the soul than that redness which affrights in blood.Chapters 40-42 -- Midnight, Forecastle; Moby Dick; The Whiteness of the Whale (66% in)
- And when that functionary appeared before him, he bade him without delay set about making a new leg, and directed the mates to see him supplied with all the studs and joists of jaw-ivory (Sperm Whale) which had thus far been accumulated on the voyage, in order that a careful selection of the stoutest, clearest-grained stuff might be secured.Chapters 106-108 -- Ahab's Leg; The Carpenter; Ahab and the Carpenter (24% in)
There are no more uses of "accumulate" in Moby Dick.
Typical Usage (best examples)