(click/touch triangles for details)
- So saying he procured the plane; and with his old silk handkerchief first dusting the bench, vigorously set to planing away at my bed, the while grinning like an ape.Chapters 1-3 -- Loomings; The Carpet-Bag; The Spouter-Inn (62% in)
- After taking counsel with his officers, he anchored the ship as far off shore as possible; loaded and ran out his two cannon from the bows; stacked his muskets on the poop; and warning the Islanders not to approach the ship at their peril, took one man with him, and setting the sail of his best whale-boat, steered straight before the wind for Tahiti, five hundred miles distant, to procure a reinforcement to his crew.Chapters 52-54 -- The Albatross; The Gam; The Town-Ho's Story (93% in)
- " 'Nay,' said Don Sebastian; 'but I know a worthy priest near by, who will quickly procure one for me.Chapters 52-54 -- The Albatross; The Gam; The Town-Ho's Story (98% in)
- Excuse me for running after you, Don Sebastian; but may I also beg that you will be particular in procuring the largest sized Evangelists you can.Chapters 52-54 -- The Albatross; The Gam; The Town-Ho's Story (99% in)
- I mean no disparagement to the excellent voyager (I honour him for a veteran), but in so important a matter it was certainly an oversight not to have procured for every crystal a sworn affidavit taken before a Greenland Justice of the Peace.Chapters 55-57 -- Monstrous Pictures of Whales; Less Erroneous Pictures of Whales; Whales in Paint…. (70% in)
There are no more uses of "procure" in Moby Dick.
Typical Usage (best examples)