(click/touch triangles for details)
- Is this the end of all my bursting prayers? all my life-long fidelities?Chapters 133-135 — The Chase—First Day; The Chase—Second Day; The Chase—Third Day (91% in)
- ...Iroquois, the midwinter sacrifice of the sacred White Dog was by far the holiest festival of their theology, that spotless, faithful creature being held the purest envoy they could send to the Great Spirit with the annual tidings of their own fidelity; and though directly from the Latin word for white, all Christian priests derive the name of one part of their sacred vesture, the alb or tunic, worn beneath the cassock; and though among the holy pomps of the Romish faith, white is...Chapters 40-42 — Midnight, Forecastle; Moby Dick; The Whiteness of the Whale (65% in)
- Oh! spite of million villains, this makes me a bigot in the fadeless fidelity of man!Chapters 127-129 — The Deck; The Pequod meets the Rachel; The Cabin—Ahab and Pip (84% in)
- But when three or four days had slided by, after meeting the children-seeking Rachel; and no spout had yet been seen; the monomaniac old man seemed distrustful of his crew's fidelity; at least, of nearly all except the Pagan harpooneers; he seemed to doubt, even, whether Stubb and Flask might not willingly overlook the sight he sought.Chapters 130-132 — The Hat; The Pequod meets the Delight; The Symphony (25% in)
- Soon they through dim, bewildering mediums saw her sidelong fading phantom, as in the gaseous Fata Morgana; only the uppermost masts out of water; while fixed by infatuation, or fidelity, or fate, to their once lofty perches, the pagan harpooneers still maintained their sinking lookouts on the sea.Chapters 133-135 — The Chase—First Day; The Chase—Second Day; The Chase—Third Day (97% in)
There are no more uses of "fidelity" in Moby Dick.
Typical Usage (best examples)