(click/touch triangles for details)
- The right whale will be elsewhere treated of at some length, with reference to elucidating the sperm whale.Chapters 31-33 -- Queen Mab; Cetology; The Specksnyder (42% in)
- What I mean by these two statements may perhaps be respectively elucidated by the following examples.Chapters 40-42 -- Midnight, Forecastle; Moby Dick; The Whiteness of the Whale (89% in)
- All these particulars are faithfully narrated here, as they will not fail to elucidate several most important, however intricate passages, in scenes hereafter to be painted.Chapters 61-63 -- Stubb Kills a Whale; The Dart; The Crotch (99% in)
- But ploughed up to the primary rock of the matter, the two great principles laid down in the twin whaling laws previously quoted, and applied and elucidated by Lord Ellenborough in the above cited case; these two laws touching Fast-Fish and Loose-Fish, I say, will, on reflection, be found the fundamentals of all human jurisprudence; for notwithstanding its complicated tracery of sculpture, the Temple of the Law, like the Temple of the Philistines, has but two props to stand on.Chapters 88-90 -- Schools and Schoolmasters; Fast-Fish and Loose-Fish; Heads or Tails (60% in)
- Hence, in the English, this thing of whaling good cheer is not normal and natural, but incidental and particular; and, therefore, must have some special origin, which is here pointed out, and will be still further elucidated.Chapters 100-102 -- The Pequod meets….; The Decanter; A Bower in the Arsacides (61% in)
There are no more uses of "elucidate" in Moby Dick.
Typical Usage (best examples)