- That done, if it belong to a small whale it is hoisted on deck to be deliberately disposed of.Chapters 70-72 -- The Sphynx; The Jeroboam's Story; The Monkey-Rope (5% in)
- Next morning, Monday, after disposing of the embalmed head to a barber, for a block, I settled my own and comrade's bill; using, however, my comrade's money.Chapters 13-15 -- Wheelbarrow; Nantucket; Chowder (0% in)
- Having impulsively, it is probable, and perhaps somewhat prematurely revealed the prime but private purpose of the Pequod's voyage, Ahab was now entirely conscious that, in so doing, he had indirectly laid himself open to the unanswerable charge of usurpation; and with perfect impunity, both moral and legal, his crew if so disposed, and to that end competent, could refuse all further obedience to him, and even violently wrest from him the command.Chapters 46-48 -- Surmises; The Mat-Maker; The First Lowering (14% in)
- In disposing of the body of a right whale, when brought alongside the ship, the same preliminary proceedings commonly take place as in the case of a sperm whale; only, in the latter instance, the head is cut off whole, but in the former the lips and tongue are separately removed and hoisted on deck, with all the well known black bone attached to what is called the crown-piece.Chapters 73-75 -- Stubb and Flask Kill a Right Whale; The Sperm Whale's Head, The Right Whale's Head (39% in)
- Fiercely, but evenly incited by the taunts of the German, the Pequod's three boats now began ranging almost abreast; and, so disposed, momentarily neared him.Chapters 79-81 -- The Prairie; The Nut; The Pequod Meets the Virgin (52% in)
- Stripped to our shirts and drawers, we sprang to the white-ash, and after several hours' pulling were almost disposed to renounce the chase, when a general pausing commotion among the whales gave animating token that they were now at last under the influence of that strange perplexity of inert irresolution, which, when the fishermen perceive it in the whale, they say he is gallied.Chapters 85-87 -- The Fountain; The Tail; The Grand Armada (66% in)
There are no more uses of "dispose" in Moby Dick.
Typical Usage (best examples)