(click/touch triangles for details)
- The solemnity of the occupants of the car seemed to Father Conmee excessive for a journey so short and cheap.Episode 10 — Wandering Rocks (10% in)
- All the lordly residences in the vicinity of the palace of justice were demolished and that noble edifice itself, in which at the time of the catastrophe important legal debates were in progress, is literally a mass of ruins beneath which it is to be feared all the occupants have been buried alive.Episode 12 — Cyclops (97% in)
- As for Mr Bloom he could neither make head or tail of the whole business and he was just asking himself what possible connection when the sailor of his own accord turned to the other occupants of the shelter with the remark: —I seen him shoot two eggs off two bottles at fifty yards over his shoulder.Episode 16 — Eumaeus (20% in)
- ...two and two together, six sixteen which he pointedly turned a deaf ear to, Antonio and so forth, jockeys and esthetes and the tattoo which was all the go in the seventies or thereabouts even in the house of lords because early in life the occupant of the throne, then heir apparent, the other members of the upper ten and other high personages simply following in the footsteps of the head of the state, he reflected about the errors of notorieties and crowned heads running counter to...Episode 16 — Eumaeus (62% in)
- What were his reflections concerning the last member of this series and late occupant of the bed?Episode 17 — Ithaca (92% in)
There are no more uses of "occupant" in Ulysses by James Joyce.
Typical Usage (best examples)