(click/touch triangles for details)
- He put his boot on what he had spat, wiping his sole along it, and bent, showing a rawskinned crown, scantily haired.Episode 10 — Wandering Rocks (48% in)
- He tossed it off the pan on to a plate and let the scanty brown gravy trickle over it.Episode 4 — Calypso (70% in)
- This was scant said but all cried with one acclaim nay, by our Virgin Mother, the wife should live and the babe to die.Episode 14 — Oxen Of The Sun (13% in)
- The scanty, daringly short skirt, riding up at the knee to show a peep of white pantalette, is a potent weapon and transparent stockings, emeraldgartered, with the long straight seam trailing up beyond the knee, appeal to the better instincts of the blasé man about town.Episode 15 — Circe (65% in)
- Her hair is scant and lank.Episode 15 — Circe (85% in)
There are no more uses of "scanty" in Ulysses by James Joyce.
Typical Usage (best examples)