(click/touch triangles for details)
- Lenehan opened most genial arms.Episode 11 — Sirens (17% in)
- Big strong men, officers of the peace and genial giants of the royal Irish constabulary, were making frank use of their handkerchiefs and it is safe to say that there was not a dry eye in that record assemblage.Episode 12 — Cyclops (34% in)
- (More genially) Well then, permit me to draw your attention to item number three.Episode 15 — Circe (49% in)
- SECOND WATCH: (Genially) Ah, sure we were too.Episode 15 — Circe (97% in)
- The deceased gentleman was a most popular and genial personality in city life and his demise after a brief illness came as a great shock to citizens of all classes by whom he is deeply regretted.Episode 16 — Eumaeus (65% in)
There are no more uses of "genial" in Ulysses by James Joyce.
Typical Usage (best examples)