used in Of Mice and Men
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
to be constrained in some way — such as tied up, prevented, required, or obligated
The exact meaning of this sense of bound
is subject to its context. For example:
- "Her wrists were bound." — tied up
- "I am bound by my word." — required or obligated (in this case to keep a promise)
- "It is a binding contract." — must be obeyed (The people who signed the contract are legally required to do what it says or suffer legal penalties.)
- "He is muscle bound." — prevented from moving easily (due to having such large, tight muscles)
- An' Candy'll send a hunderd dollars to bind her.
bind = obligate
There are no more uses of "bound" in Of Mice and Men.