All 5 Uses of
To Kill a Mockingbird
- Two days later Dill arrived in a blaze of glory: he had ridden the train by himself from Meridian to Maycomb Junction...
p. 47..8 *junction = a place where two or more things come together (in this case probably two roads or railroad lines)
- (Maycomb Junction was in Abbott County)
- Every Christmas Eve day we met Uncle Jack at Maycomb Junction, and he would spend a week with us.
- He had taken thirteen dollars from his mother's purse, caught the nine o'clock from Meridian and got off at Maycomb Junction.
- Miss Rachel took us with them in the taxi to Maycomb Junction, and Dill waved to us from the train window until he was out of sight.
(junction) a place where two or more things come together