- Her head was sunk and her dirty gingham dress was frayed at the bottom in little flags.Chapter 26 (35% in)
- The weeds frayed and edged back toward their roots.Chapter 1 (19% in)
- His white clean clothes were frayed at the seams.Chapter 22 (47% in)
- Then she looked at the frayed seams on his white coat, and she was reassured.Chapter 22 (50% in)
- The little manager, in his white clothes, frayed and clean, rested his elbows on the porch rail.Chapter 26 (11% in)
There are no more uses of "frayed" in The Grapes of Wrath.
Typical Usage (best examples)