- "Here," she said with elaborate kindness.Chapter 30 (87% in)
- " Casy suggested elaborately, "Maybe Tom'll kill the fatted calf like for the prodigal in Scripture.Chapter 4 (98% in)
- She dropped her weapon on the ground, and Tom, with elaborate care, picked it up and put it back in the car.Chapter 16 (25% in)
- And they made elaborate acquaintanceship gestures.Chapter 17 (62% in)
- The children moved closer with elaborate circuitousness, edging inward in long curves.Chapter 20 (54% in)
- She led him away with elaborate caution, and when they were safe, she said, "I never been to bed.Chapter 22 (35% in)
There are no more uses of "elaborate" in The Grapes of Wrath.
Typical Usage (best examples)