- By these conditions I promised to abide.Chapter 15 (30% in)
- Be good—deserve it—and abide by Mr. Jaggers's instructions."Chapter 19 (81% in)
- For was it not," said Joe, with his old air of lucid exposition, "that my only wish were to be useful to you, I should not have had the honor of breaking wittles in the company and abode of gentlemen."Chapter 27 (74% in)
- I had no claim, and I finally resolved, and ever afterwards abided by the resolution, that my heart should never be sickened with the hopeless task of attempting to establish one.Chapter 55 (10% in)
- "Well, old chap," said Joe, "then abide by your words.Chapter 57 (70% in)
There are no more uses of "abide" in Great Expectations.
Typical Usage (best examples)