All 7 Uses of
- He then took me into his laboratory and explained to me the uses of his various machines, instructing me as to what I ought to procure and promising me the use of his own when I should have advanced far enough in the science not to derange their mechanism.
Chpt 3 *laboratory = workplace for scientific or medical research
- My application was at first fluctuating and uncertain; it gained strength as I proceeded and soon became so ardent and eager that the stars often disappeared in the light of morning whilst I was yet engaged in my laboratory.
- He had also changed my apartment; for he perceived that I had acquired a dislike for the room which had previously been my laboratory.
- Soon after my arrival in the hovel I discovered some papers in the pocket of the dress which I had taken from your laboratory.
- Sometimes I could not prevail on myself to enter my laboratory for several days, and at other times I toiled day and night in order to complete my work.
- I sat one evening in my laboratory; the sun had set, and the moon was just rising from the sea; I had not sufficient light for my employment, and I remained idle, in a pause of consideration of whether I should leave my labour for the night or hasten its conclusion by an unremitting attention to it.
- The next morning, at daybreak, I summoned sufficient courage and unlocked the door of my laboratory.
(laboratory) a workplace where people do scientific or medical research, or produce drugs or chemicals
or (as an adjective): related to such a place