- Well, these are useless complaints; I shall certainly find no friend on the wide ocean, nor even here in Archangel, among merchants and seamen.Introductory Letters (29% in)
- I have no ambition to lose my life on the post-road between St. Petersburgh and Archangel.Introductory Letters (20% in)
- Your affectionate brother, R. Walton Letter 2 To Mrs. Saville, England Archangel, 28th March, 17— How slowly the time passes here, encompassed as I am by frost and snow!Introductory Letters (22% in)
- This letter will reach England by a merchantman now on its homeward voyage from Archangel; more fortunate than I, who may not see my native land, perhaps, for many years.Introductory Letters (47% in)
- All my speculations and hopes are as nothing, and like the archangel who aspired to omnipotence, I am chained in an eternal hell.Chapter 24 (45% in)
There are no more uses of "archangel" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)