(click/touch triangles for details)
- We were, as we believed, many hundred miles from any land; but this apparition seemed to denote that it was not, in reality, so distant as we had supposed.Introductory Letters (56% in)
- The apparition was soon explained.Chapter 1 (87% in)
- I do not ever remember to have trembled at a tale of superstition or to have feared the apparition of a spirit.Chapter 4 (26% in)
- Sometimes the peasants, scared by this horrid apparition, informed me of his path; sometimes he himself, who feared that if I lost all trace of him I should despair and die, left some mark to guide me.Chapter 24 (9% in)
- His tale is connected and told with an appearance of the simplest truth, yet I own to you that the letters of Felix and Safie, which he showed me, and the apparition of the monster seen from our ship, brought to me a greater conviction of the truth of his narrative than his asseverations, however earnest and connected.Chapter 24 (38% in)
There are no more uses of "apparition" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)