- My feelings are profound, but I possessed a coolness of judgment that fitted me for illustrious achievements.Chapter 24 (43% in)
- These thoughts calmed me, and in the afternoon I sank into a profound sleep; but the fever of my blood did not allow me to be visited by peaceful dreams.Chapter 16 (15% in)
- I found that I could not compose a female without again devoting several months to profound study and laborious disquisition.Chapter 18 (2% in)
- But a blight had come over my existence, and I only visited these people for the sake of the information they might give me on the subject in which my interest was so terribly profound.Chapter 19 (5% in)
- Oppressed by the recollection of my various misfortunes, I now swallowed double my usual quantity and soon slept profoundly.Chapter 21 (97% in)
There are no more uses of "profound" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)