- I broke from the house angry and disturbed and retired to meditate on some other mode of action.Chapter 23 (**% in)
- Sometimes I wished to express my sensations in my own mode, but the uncouth and inarticulate sounds which broke from me frightened me into silence again.Chapter 11 (21% in)
- My mode of life in my hovel was uniform.Chapter 12 (78% in)
- This idea was probably suggested by the extreme agitation I had exhibited when the mode of the murder had been described.Chapter 21 (18% in)
- But it was not so; thou didst seek my extinction, that I might not cause greater wretchedness; and if yet, in some mode unknown to me, thou hadst not ceased to think and feel, thou wouldst not desire against me a vengeance greater than that which I feel.Chapter 24 (98% in)
There are no more uses of "mode" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)