- But you will, I hope, soon quit this melancholy abode, for doubtless evidence can easily be brought to free you from the criminal charge.Chapter 21 (49% in)
- Beaufort had taken effectual measures to conceal himself, and it was ten months before my father discovered his abode.Chapter 1 (17% in)
- One day, when my father had gone by himself to Milan, my mother, accompanied by me, visited this abode.Chapter 1 (68% in)
- She continued with her foster parents and bloomed in their rude abode, fairer than a garden rose among dark-leaved brambles.Chapter 1 (84% in)
- Such were my reflections during the first two or three days of my residence at Ingolstadt, which were chiefly spent in becoming acquainted with the localities and the principal residents in my new abode.Chapter 3 (64% in)
- My father calmed me with assurances of their welfare and endeavoured, by dwelling on these subjects so interesting to my heart, to raise my desponding spirits; but he soon felt that a prison cannot be the abode of cheerfulness.Chapter 21 (65% in)
There are no more uses of "abide" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)