(click/touch triangles for details)
- When he saw my horse's breast fairly pushing the barrier, he did put out his hand to unchain it, and then sullenly preceded me up the causeway, calling, as we entered the court, — 'Joseph, take Mr. Lockwood's horse; and bring up some wine.'Chapter 1 (14% in)
- With great grumblings, the fellow rose, and preceded me in my ascent: we mounted to the garrets; he opened a door, now and then, to look into the apartments we passed.Chapter 13 (74% in)
- We, at the Grange, never got a very succinct account of his state preceding it; all that I did learn was on occasion of going to aid in the preparations for the funeral.Chapter 17 (83% in)
- Heathcliff bade me be quiet; and, preceding us up the path, hastened to open the door.Chapter 21 (27% in)
- He signed her to precede him; and casting back a look that cut my heart, she obeyed.Chapter 29 (98% in)
There are no more uses of "precede" in Wuthering Heights.
Typical Usage (best examples)