(click/touch triangles for details)
- 'He shook me till my teeth rattled, and pitched me beside Joseph, who steadily concluded his supplications, and then rose, vowing he would set off for the Grange directly.Chapter 17 (50% in)
- And on their behalf he added that night a special prayer to the usual quarter-of-an-hour's supplication before meat, and would have tacked another to the end of the grace, had not his young mistress broken in upon him with a hurried command that he must run down the road, and, wherever Heathcliff had rambled, find and make him re-enter directly!Chapter 9 (60% in)
- She earnestly supplicated that I would spare her one or two.Chapter 21 (96% in)
- Linton shivered, and glanced at her, half supplicating, half ashamed; but his cousin's patience was not sufficient to endure this enigmatical behaviour.Chapter 27 (11% in)
- I ought to have sweat blood then, from the anguish of my yearning — from the fervour of my supplications to have but one glimpse!Chapter 29 (76% in)
There are no more uses of "supplicate" in Wuthering Heights.
Typical Usage (best examples)