(click/touch triangles for details)
- The high estimation then placed upon the military character might be seen in the lofty port of each individual member of the company.Chapter 22 — The Procession (9% in)
- It is essential, in order to form a complete estimate of the advantages of official life, to view the incumbent at the in-coming of a hostile administration.Introductory (89% in)
- And this, moreover, was a mother's estimate of the child's disposition.Chapter 15 — Hester and Pearl (68% in)
- The people possessed by hereditary right the quality of reverence, which, in their descendants, if it survive at all, exists in smaller proportion, and with a vastly diminished force in the selection and estimate of public men.Chapter 22 — The Procession (14% in)
- Not improbably this circumstance wrought a very material change in the public estimation; and had the mother and child remained here, little Pearl at a marriageable period of life might have mingled her wild blood with the lineage of the devoutest Puritan among them all.Chapter 24 — Conclusion (51% in)
There are no more uses of "estimate" in The Scarlet Letter.
Typical Usage (best examples)