(click/touch triangles for details)
- A mystic shadow of suspicion immediately attached itself to the spot.Chapter 5 -- Hester at her Needle (32% in)
- Certainly there was some deep meaning in it most worthy of interpretation, and which, as it were, streamed forth from the mystic symbol, subtly communicating itself to my sensibilities, but evading the analysis of my mind.Introductory (68% in)
- Again a mystic sisterhood would contumaciously assert itself, as she met the sanctified frown of some matron, who, according to the rumour of all tongues, had kept cold snow within her bosom throughout life.Chapter 5 -- Hester at her Needle (92% in)
- The mystic token alighted on the hither verge of the stream.Chapter 18 -- A Flood of Sunshine (48% in)
- At that distance they accordingly stood, fixed there by the centrifugal force of the repugnance which the mystic symbol inspired.Chapter 22 -- The Procession (92% in)
There are no more uses of "mystic" in The Scarlet Letter.
Typical Usage (best examples)