(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitionhigh blood pressure: a common disorder in which blood pressure remains abnormally high (a reading of 140/90 or greater)
- 90% of overweight children have at least one risk factor for heart disease, such as high cholesterol or hypertension.
- It leads to protein in the urine, hypertension, seizures, and sometimes death, for both mother and child.Tracy Kidder -- Mountains Beyond Mountains
- And this is why that black people is hypertension; more of us die from high blood pressure because of that strain.Robert MacNeil and William Crane -- Do You Speak American?
- Some, like Motrim and Lopressor, the hypertension drug his father had taken during the last three years of his life, he knew.Stephen King -- Misery
- After seeing all the sugar and processed foods that my family ate, I wasn't surprised to find outMary Elizabeth had hypertension and high blood pressure.Peter Jenkins -- A Walk Across America
- He's only sixty-one and, except for a little hypertension, in good shape physically.Pat Frank -- Alas, Babylon
- " "Mother, your hypertension is showing.Paul Zindel -- The Pigman
- Arthur Manchek was an engineer, a quiet heavyset man plagued by labile hypertension, which threatened to end further promotions as an Army officer.Michael Crichton -- The Andromeda Strain
- Instead people back then named other diseases—stress, heart disease, anxiety, depression, hypertension, insomnia, bipolar disorder—never realizing that these were, in fact, only symptoms that in the majority of cases could be traced back to the effects of amor deliria nervosa.Lauren Oliver -- Delirium
Dictionary / pronunciation — Google®Dictionary list — Onelook.com®Wikipedia ArticleWebMD ArticlePictures — Google Images®