(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitiona trustee (one who handles legal manners on behalf of another)
- She has a fiduciary responsibility.
- The fiduciary shall exercise caution to avoid even the appearance of self-interest.
- As a fiduciary, she should conduct herself in a way that demonstrates that her honesty is beyond question.
- A stock broker is a fiduciary to a regular customer and breeches their fiduciary duty if they recommend excessive trading to boost commissions.
- The fiduciary must act reasonably in order to avoid negligent handling of the beneficiary's interests and must not to favor anyone else's interest over that of the beneficiary.
- The ancient law demands that individuals with fiduciary responsibilities maintain an appearance of propriety.
- If a fiduciary is in a position of conflicting interests, the agent must disclose the dual agency (acting for two parties at the same time) or risk being accused of constructive fraud.
- A fiduciary relationship typically arises when there is a clear separation of management powers and ownership.
- They found that the definition of fiduciary should be applied broadly and directed courts to look to substance rather than form.
- To refuse to cash government savings bonds was fiduciary sacrilege so awful that the possibility never before had entered his head.Pat Frank -- Alas, Babylon
- Moore wasn't awarded any of the profits, but the judge did agree with him on two counts: lack of informed consent, because Golde hadn't disclosed his financial interests, and breach of fiduciary duty, meaning Golde had taken advantage of his position as doctor and violated patient trust.Rebecca Skloot -- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks