(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitionset or mark the boundaries of something
- The agreement delimits the western border of the Strait of Singapore.
- The data consists of numbers delimited by commas.
- The two ways in which their memories reacted to the evening storm sharply delimit love and nonlove.Milan Kundera -- The Unbearable Lightness of Being
- He looked at the squares of sky delimited by the slender lines of girders and columns, the empty cubes of space he had torn out of the sky.Ayn Rand -- The Fountainhead
- —I had found small edification, mostly, in a critical pretension that had neglected from the first all delimitation of ground and all definition of terms.Henry James -- The Portrait of a Lady - Volume 1
- —I had found small edification, mostly, in a critical pretension that had neglected from the first all delimitation of ground and all definition of terms.Henry James -- The Portrait of a Lady - Volumes 1 & 2
- The territory owned by my wolf family comprised more than a hundred square miles, bounded on one side by a river but otherwise not delimited by geographical features.Farley Mowat -- Never Cry Wolf
- ...at some charming point of land, reconnoitering some receding inlet which promised water-lilies, and with Roberta already saying that they must watch the time and not stay out too long,—the bay, south of the island itself—a beautiful and yet most funereally pine-encircled and land delimited bit of water—more like a smaller lake, connected by an inlet or passage to the larger one, and yet itself a respectable body of water of perhaps twenty acres of surface and almost circular in form.Theodore Dreiser -- An American Tragedy