alimentaryin a sentence
- The diet was promoted as the alimentary ideal.
- He claimed that the predominant taste of any crustacean or mollusk was that of its alimentary tract.† (source)
- The diagnosis was an intestinal infection of alimentary origin, which was cured by three days of treatment at home.† (source)
- He was dyspeptic, fitful, an alimentary type.† (source)
- But she had, so to speak, been cruising in a patrol boat down and up her children's alimentary canals for so many years that the sigh was in no sense a real signal of defeat, and she said, almost immediately, "I don't see how you expect to get your strength and all back if you don't take something nourishing into your system.† (source)
- The mud dauber larva begins life with a closed alimentary canal.
- Whenever you do, you say that Physician Vilbert is the only proprietor of those celebrated pills that infallibly cure all disorders of the alimentary system, as well as asthma and shortness of breath.† (source)
- There remained the generic conditions imposed by natural, as distinct from human law, as integral parts of the human whole: the necessity of destruction to procure alimentary sustenance: the painful character of the ultimate functions of separate existence, the agonies of birth and death: the monotonous menstruation of simian and (particularly) human females extending from the age of puberty to the menopause: inevitable accidents at sea, in mines and factories: certain very painful…† (source)