- Jean Louise was mesmerized.
Harper Lee -- Go Set a Watchman
- The Augur doesn’t break eye contact, seemingly mesmerized by my anger.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- "Hmmm," Finn answered, mesmerized by the twitching miniskirt.
Laurie Halse Anderson -- The Impossible Knife of Memory
- I’m mesmerized by her ability to hypnotize an entire audience with such powerfully portrayed words.
Colleen Hoover -- Slammed
- Thomas couldn’t help but stare, mesmerized.
James Dashner -- The Scorch Trials
- He seems mesmerized by all the bulbs and tinsel.
Neal Shusterman -- Unwind
- I was mesmerized.
Kiera Cass -- The Elite
- Sophia turned to study his face, mesmerized by the reflection of firelight in his eyes.
Nicholas Sparks -- The Longest Ride
- I looked up at him, mesmerized by that possibility.
Kiera Cass -- The Heir
- Julian, beside her, had caught sight of his father; he seemed mesmerized, as if by a snake.
Show more again
Cassandra Clare -- City of Heavenly Fire
- Mark had been staring at the back of the pilot’s chair as if something mesmerizing were painted there.
James Dashner -- The Kill Order
- He was a mesmerizing speaker.
Malala Yousafzai -- I Am Malala
- Mesmerized, I lost all track of time.
Ransom Riggs -- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- I had never seen a woman in labor before and was both mesmerized and horrified to watch Doris enter a zone in which her body and her baby were taking over, regardless of surroundings.
Piper Kerman -- Orange Is the New Black
- Travis was mesmerized as she moved toward the bed and playfully pushed him onto his back.
Nicholas Sparks -- The Choice
- He can’t help it if his voice is mesmerizingly sexy.
Susan Ee -- Angelfall
- Cinder watched, mesmerized and disgusted, as the android pressed the blade into Sacha’s wrist.
Marissa Meyer -- Cinder
- The three soldier ants advanced, their ten-foot-long antennae waving and bobbing in a mesmerizing way, trying to distract me from the true danger of their mandibles.
Rick Riordan -- The Trials of Apollo
- It called her speech "mesmerizing, hypnotic, mysteriously touching."
Jerry Spinelli -- Stargirl
- He was mesmerized by the locomotive, watching it slowly pull in.
Pam Munoz Ryan -- Esperanza Rising
- I was mesmerized by the intricacy of the procedure and didn’t realize how long I had been neglecting my work.
Leon Leyson -- The Boy on the Wooden Box
- Erlene Barlowe had an almost mesmerizing Southern drawl and a sweet kind of charm about her.
Scott Pratt -- An Innocent Client
- That mesmerizing stage when language develops exponentially from one day to the next, when children are little sponges for language: the Whitshanks missed every bit of it.
Anne Tayler -- A Spool of Blue Thread
- I watched that hand, mesmerized.
Edward Bloor -- Tangerine
- But when I gaze up at the food court skylight, I’m mesmerized by the elephant-colored clouds galloping past.
Katherine Applegate -- The One and Only Ivan
- Vila and the machines he used mesmerized Cristian.
Joshua Davis -- Spare Parts
- It’s dusty and confusing and mesmerizing all at once.
Anthony Doerr -- All the Light We Cannot See
- I don’t know what’s so mesmerizing about it but I’m not arguing, because while she’s preoccupied with studying the room, I can study her.
Katja Millay -- The Sea of Tranquility
- Yet the year was 1969, and Bernie had mesmerized white parents sufficiently so that they were accepting fifteen black children into their homes.
Pat Conroy -- The Water is Wide
- It was more than a little alarming, this mesmerized appearance.
William Styron -- Sophie’s Choice
- But the flowers, the smell, the movement of the leaves persist, rich, mesmerizing, desolating, infused with grief.
Margaret Atwood -- Cat’s Eye
- "Thanks," she told Elliot, flashing him a toxic smile that, for reasons beyond me, mesmerized the opposite sex.
Becca Fitzpatrick -- Hush, Hush
- She was mesmerized by who he was.
James Patterson -- 1st to Die
- The gigantic eye was mesmerizing and beautiful.
Kate DiCamillo -- Flora & Ulysses
- But we’d reached that age where the science behind it mattered, where the wonders of the universe needed to be further explained to mesmerize us.
John Corey Whaley -- Nogin
- For a second the colors mesmerize me, bright green and deep blue and brown.
Veronica Roth -- Divergent
- But he couldn’t move; he was too mesmerized, too scared.
James Dashner -- The Maze Runner
- Garvey’s dance seemed to mesmerize Peter, who watched closely, following every movement.
Ben Mikaeslen -- Touching Spirit Bear
- I read through four of the twenty-five pages, mesmerized by how many laws exist to separate us.
Kathryn Stockett -- The Help
- Peeta and I, on the other hand, are so mesmerizing with our ever-changing coal costumes that most of the other tributes are staring at us.
Suzanne Collins -- Catching Fire
- I watched Mom play, mesmerized.
Gayle Forman -- If I Stay
- I became mesmerized by the action scenes and the fast-paced music that carried the film.
Dave Pelzer -- The Lost Boy
- She mesmerized them with her tellings.
Jane Yolen -- The Devils Arithmetic
- They tackled missionarying, and mesmerizing, and doctoring, and telling fortunes, and a little of everything; but they couldn’t seem to have no luck.
Mark Twain -- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Still the sleek brown head bent mesmerized over the list.
John Knowles -- A Separate Peace
- I stood mesmerized by the heat and the luscious scent until the rain interfered, running its icy fingers down my back, forcing me back to life.
Suzanne Collins -- The Hunger Games
- The rest of Angela was nowhere near as mesmerizing as her lips.
Jay Asher -- Thirteen Reasons Why
- Brom’s words dropped to a mesmerizing whisper.
Christopher Paolini -- Eragon
- I stared at it, mesmerized, and slowly ran my hand over the top, brushing my fingers over the well-worn leather as tears filled my eyes.
Nicholas Sparks -- A Walk to Remember
- She stood mesmerized, watching one of her mother’s cells divide in two, just as they’d done when Henrietta was an embryo in her mother’s womb.
Rebecca Skloot -- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks