- Amelia Earhart was lost at sea on July 2, 1937 and declared deceased on January 5, 1939.
- Um, Atalanta, Amelia Earhart-
Rick Riordan -- The Sea of Monsters
- On the first mission, the lead plane made a wrong turn, and the men found themselves over Howland, the island that Amelia Earhart had been aiming for when she had vanished six years earlier.
Laura Hillenbrand -- Unbroken
- And don’t get me started on Amelia Earhart!
Rick Riordan -- The Lost Hero
Search for samples from other sources
- Amelia Earhart gurus.
Chang-rae Lee -- Native Speaker
- The pinups over my bed had been Captain Eddie Rickenbacker, Wrong-Way Corrigan, Roscoe Turner, Wiley Post, and Amelia Earhart.
Russell Baker -- Growing Up
- I thought my life would have been so different if I had started off with another name, an inspirational name like Madame Marie Sklodowska Curie or Joan of Arc, Amelia Earhart.
Jill McCorkle -- Ferris Beach
General -- Google News®
General -- Time® Magazine
General -- Twitter®