- By William James.
Aldous Huxley -- Brave New World
- Henri Bergson, William James, Darwin, Buffon, Lyell, Charles Lamb, Sir Francis Bacon, G. K. Chesterton.
David Guterson -- Snow Falling on Cedars
- It’s called The Principles of Psychology and it’s by an Eastern man named William James.
John Steinbeck -- East of Eden
- Then he spoke of his own student days there, and of the great names of Royce and Everett, and William James.
Thomas Wolfe -- Look Homeward, Angel
Search for samples from other sources
- I thought about it for a time, recalling those recent moments back at the station when she had hit me with something out of William James.
Roger Zelazny -- My Name is Legion
- He squinted his eyes in concentration, and at last wrote slowly and carefully on the end paper in big clear letters: "This here is William James Joad, dyed of a stroke, old old man.
John Steinbeck -- The Grapes of Wrath
General -- Google News®
General -- Time® Magazine
General -- Twitter®