- In retrospect, I wish we had done things differently.
- In retrospect, I probably could not have picked a worse time.
Stephen Chbosky -- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Thomas thought about what he’d heard, and in retrospect, it did seem like those two words had been in there somewhere.
James Dashner -- The Scorch Trials
- In retrospect, this was probably a mistake.
Nicholas Sparks -- The Longest Ride
Search for samples from other sources
- He felt a sudden twinge in his gut—in retrospect, it was the first hint that some piece of him might soon go missing.
John Green -- An Abundance of Katherines
- In retrospect, it shouldn’t have been a surprise that Dr. Villalobos had become a viewers’ favorite, too.
Dave Eggers -- The Circle
- In retrospect a EuroRail ticket or volunteering in Bangladesh ’ would have been brilliant choices, but I stayed stuck in the Valley.
Piper Kerman -- Orange Is the New Black
- The physicians concentrated first on the gash because of the heavy blood loss, though in retrospect, Travis wondered whether a different approach would have changed things.
Nicholas Sparks -- The Choice
- Although in retrospect I suppose it could be considered at least partially prophetic.
Patrick Rothfuss -- The Name of the Wind
- I was breathing with some labor, though, from the exertion of walking quickly and perhaps the oddness of what I was doing, which in retrospect was completely silly.
Show more again
Chang-rae Lee -- A Gesture Life
- In retrospect, its path of destruction appeared almost purposeful, as if the automaton had waded ashore, stomped Cabin Four, and headed back out to sea.
Rick Riordan -- The Trials of Apollo
- Now, in retrospect, I realize that there were signs pointing to troubled times ahead.
Leon Leyson -- The Boy on the Wooden Box
- In retrospect one must view the schism as completely awful, and irreconcilably complete.
William Styron -- Sophie’s Choice
- RISLEY IN RETROSPECT, it says; just the last name, like a boy.
Margaret Atwood -- Cat’s Eye
- "Stupid names," I said in retrospect.
Becca Fitzpatrick -- Hush, Hush
- In retrospect, and having now seen the child in question at various school functions and in the class pictures, I think it may have been too much to ask of our children to be able to process all that.
R.J. Palacio -- Wonder
- In retrospect, I guess I should have known there was a problem right then.
Suzanne Collins -- Mockingjay
- In retrospect, it seems he might have been farsighted.
Warren St. John -- Outcasts United
- Although, in retrospect, I guess it shouldn’t have surprised me.
Jon Krakauer -- Into the Wild
- She was, in retrospect, quite brilliant when it came to manipulating us.
James McBride -- The Color of Water
- We were adamantly self-reliant—maybe, in retrospect, to the point of being prideful.
Todd Burpo -- Heaven Is for Real
- In retrospect, that was the worst thing they could have done.
Wes Moore -- The Other Wes Moore
- I wish I could go back to it because, in retrospect, it seems so secure compared with now, when I am so rich and so famous and so hated by the authorities in the Capitol.
Suzanne Collins -- Catching Fire
- In retrospect, it was in rather bad taste, but I didn’t know what would befall him.
Christopher Paolini -- Eragon
- In retrospect, it hadn’t proved to be a wise decision for any of them.
Nicholas Sparks -- The Last Song
- Some, in retrospect …
Rick Riordan -- The Red Pyramid
- As Mr. Kirwin said this, notwithstanding the agitation I endured on this retrospect of my sufferings, I also felt considerable surprise at the knowledge he seemed to possess concerning me.
Mary Shelley -- Frankenstein
- (In retrospect, it was a bad move.) Poncho had had quite enough.
Ellen Hopkins -- Burned
- Instead I made a major’in retrospect, not the best’ decision.
Ellen Hopkins -- Crank
- You would be kind to pardon me in retrospect.
Stieg Larsson -- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- And he told him this, very strongly, with the hope of rousing him from any despondency or dangerous retrospect towards which he foresaw he might be tending.
Charles Dickens -- A Tale of Two Cities
- It seemed even sadder, in retrospect, beside the bustle and prosperity of Atlanta.
Margaret Mitchell -- Gone with the Wind
- A mistake, in retrospect.
Eoin Colfer -- Artemis Fowl
- ’Well, never mind,’ he added hastily, as if ashamed in retrospect of his surprise attack.
Wladyslaw Szpilman -- The Pianist
- —It is, in fact, a most mortifying retrospect for me.
Jane Austen -- Emma
- I only know what I’ve been thinking, and even that’s in retrospect—until I suddenly found myself here, now, I thought I was there.
Sara Gruen -- Water for Elephants
- In retrospect all those anomalies make perfect sense.
Malcolm Gladwell -- Blink
- It would be better to remove the word "only" and to add that the Homeric style knows a constant background of retrospect and allusion to the past.
Homer -- The Odyssey
- She had no photos of the two of them, no sweet notes-in retrospect, she realized how careful he’d been, how easily he could be erased from her life.
Jodi Picoult -- Nineteen Minutes
- Instead, he discovered himself recalling an incident of almost a year ago, a casual encounter in Valley View Cemetery, which, in retrospect, had somehow for him more or less ended the Clutter case.
Truman Capote -- In Cold Blood
- The doctors realized in retrospect that even though most of these dead had also suffered from burns and blast effects, they had absorbed enough radiation to kill them.
John Hersey -- Hiroshima
- The shade of sadness cast on my mind by retrospect of this kind, was dispelled by thoughts full of gratitude to God, for the welfare and happiness of my beloved family during so long a period.
Johann Wyss -- The Swiss Family Robinson
- In retrospect, the answer seems fairly straightforward.
Malcolm Gladwell -- The Tipping Point
- The short dialogue with Priscilla in the garden had determined the current of retrospect in that frequent direction this particular Sunday afternoon.
George Eliot -- Silas Marner
- I cannot tell how much I suffered in the presence of these wrongs, nor how I am still pained by the retrospect.
Harriet Jacobs -- Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
- It was one of those brief moments that seem (fear could it really have been fear in momma’s eyes) much longer in retrospect.
Stephen King -- Carrie
- A characteristic of all crises is their predictability, in retrospect.
Michael Crichton -- The Andromeda Strain
- Neither did I. Nothing could touch us, I see in retrospect, except the emotions of that moment.
Robert Cormier -- After the First Death
- In retrospect, the tenement PEN was like a warning of this truth.
Tracy Kidder -- Strength in What Remains
- In retrospect, it’s probably best that it happened that way.
Sampon Davis, et. al. -- We Beat the Street
General -- Google News®
General -- Time® Magazine
General -- Twitter®