- He was raised in a static village community where most people farmed in the same manner as their grandparents.
- The web site is pretty static. Once you’ve seen it, there’s not much reason to return.
- He is studying ways to reduce the static heard on the cell phone when the signal is weak.
- They decided to switch their website from exclusive use of static art to permit use of dynamic images.
Search for samples from other sources
- The static effect of tax changes is easily estimated, but the dynamic effects are problematic.
- Because it’s not love to be static like the desert, nor is it love to roam the world like the wind.
Paulo Coelho -- The Alchemist
- Mark tried to say that no village, no culture, can remain static.
Margaret Craven -- I Heard the Owl Call My Name
- For the next two hours, I immersed myself in Heidi’s books, more grateful than ever for the dependability and static nature of numbers and calculations.
Sarah Dessen -- Along for the Ride
- It seemed so from the pattern of their deployments, which had remained static and defensive.
Mark Helprin -- A Soldier of the Great War
- ...what could emergency technicians do, people trained to leap on chests and pound at static hearts?
Show more again
Don DeLillo -- White Noise
- For all of our talk of expansion and pioneering spirit these past five centuries, we all know how stultified and static our human universe has become.
Dan Simmons -- Hyperion
- The situation is fairly static.
Neal Stephenson -- Snow Crash
General -- Google News®
General -- Time® Magazine
General -- Twitter®