- The news is bad, but the company spokesperson is doing what she can to change the subject and dissemble.
- So help me God, as I dissemble not!
Shakespeare, William -- King Henry VI, Part 1
- Betty, little one … He is bending to kneel again when his niece, Abigail Williams, seventeen, enters—a strikingly beautiful girl, an orphan, with an endless capacity for dissembling.
Arthur Miller -- The Crucible
- It must have been a self-preserving instinct which had made us keep the thing to ourselves, for we`d no active feeling of danger — I had so little, in fact, that when Uncle Axel found me sitting behind a rick chatting apparently to myself, I made very little effort to dissemble.
John Wyndham -- The Chrysalids
- Think you my uncle did dissemble, grandam?
William Shakespeare -- The Life and Death of King Richard III