- I told you at the Burrow, I’ve had the essentials packed for days, you know, in case we needed to make a quick getaway.
- Why wouldn’t he have told them the essential point?
- "I’m sorry to hear you’re under the weather," said Hermione, talking firmly over the little wizard and he tried to expound upon his problems; it was essential to stop him from reaching the street.
- He cut to the essentials.
- To give Voldemort what appears to be valuable information while withholding the essentials is a job I would entrust to nobody but you.
- It is essential that I give the boy enough information for him to do what he needs to do.
- "We have protected him because it has been essential to teach him, to raise him, to let him try his strength," said Dumbledore, his eyes still tight shut.
- That is essential.
- We don’t mind sleeping in the living room," said Harry, who knew that Griphook would thing poorly of having to sleep on the sofa; keeping Griphook happy was essential to their plans.
There are no more uses of "essential" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The essential feature of the pen is that it writes so consistently.
- I carry all the essential tools and materials I need in this toolbox.
Go to more samples