- Ron was making retching noises; Hermione stammered, "That m-must have b-been the T-Tongue-Tying Curse Mad-Eye set up for Snape!"
- He choked and retched, trying to continue on his way despite being unable to walk straight.
- There was a sudden explosion of choking and retching, plus a good deal of thumping, by the sound of it.
- Choking and retching, soaking and colder than he had ever been in his life, he came to facedown in the snow.
- Malfoy fell off the broom and lay facedown, gasping, coughing, and retching.
There are no more uses of "retch" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The smell made me retch.
- Then I grew sick, and retched to vomit, but could not, for I had nothing in my stomach to bring up.
Go to more samples
Daniel Defoe -- The Further Adventures of Robinson Crusoe