- I have been careless, and so have been thwarted by luck and chance, those wreckers of all but the best-laid plans.
- He knew, he was certain, that there was hardly any time left in which to beat Voldemort to his goal, or else to attempt to thwart him.
- He could not believe that he was this close, and was going to be thwarted by Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle.
There are no more uses of "thwart" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- "I assume you did it to thwart me," Ty said.
Cassandra Clare -- City of Heavenly Fire
- The time spent denying coverage, arguing, dismissing, thwarting—surely it was more trouble than simply granting her parents access to the right care.
Go to more samples
Dave Eggers -- The Circle