- Harry felt contaminated, tainted: Was that really how the Death Eaters had found them?
- "Mudbloods, filth, stains of dishonor, taint of shame on the house of my fathers — " "SHUT UP!"
- "No," said Harry curtly, then, "let’s keep looking," and he turned away, wishing he had not seen the stone: He did not want his excited trepidation tainted with resentment.
There are no more uses of "taint" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She was sensible enough to sit out jitterbug numbers and avoid music with a South American taint, and Henry said when she learned to talk and dance at the same time she’d be a hit.
Harper Lee -- Go Set a Watchman
- The stench of refuse taints the air.
Go to more samples
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes