- Harry noted the goblin’s sallow skin, his long thin fingers, his black eyes.
- Snape looked no more than nine or ten years old, sallow, small, stringy.
- A dull flush of color mounted the sallow cheeks as he looked at Lily.
- Lily had reached a pillar and leaned against it, looking up into the thin, sallow face.
- He was on plat-form nine and three quarters, and Snape stood beside him, slightly hunched, next to a thin, sallow-faced, sour-looking woman who greatly resembled him.
There are no more uses of "sallow" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The illness has sallowed her face
- She was a thin, sallow, sickly, and nervous woman
Go to more samples
Leo Tolstoy -- Anna Karenina