- Lupin’s retort was lost: Finally succeeding in squeezing through the door, Hagrid staggered to a chair and sat down; it collapsed beneath him.
- Harry had no retort.
- "Fine," retorted Hermione, "You-Know-Who’s mind, then!"
- "Our age," said Harry, just as he had retorted to Hermione, and something in his face seemed to decide Ron against pursuing the subject.
- He bit back the retort that sprung to his lips, that she could take the blackthorn wand if she thought it made no difference, and he would have hers instead.
- Hermione retorted, and Harry gave up on her.
- "So the Elder Wand," said Harry quickly, before Hermione could retort, "you think that exists too?"
- Harry had his retort ready for when they asked him why he had not simply created a perfect grave with his wand, but he did not need it.
- No, I’m not," retorted Hermione.
There are no more uses of "retort" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She wanted to retort that he that he sounded more foolish than he looked, but she made herself count to ten and thought better of it.
- She retorted, "Takes one to know one."
Go to more samples