- It was a pompous little sign, neatly lettered by hand the sort of thing that Percy Weasley might have stuck on his bedroom door.
- I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a — a —
- Well, we do look to our prefects to take a lead at times such as these," said George in a good imitation of Percy’s most pompous manner.
There are no more uses of "pompous" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She gave another pompous speech.
- "Well done, Ron, excellent," said Percy Weasley pompously as "Zabini, Blaise," was made a Slytherin.
Go to more samples
J.K. Rowling -- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone