- The drawing room was full of silent people, sitting at a long and ornate table.
- It was rather frightening, this vast sculpture of a witch and a wizard sitting on ornately carved thrones, looking down at the Ministry workers toppling out of fireplaces below them.
- An ornate letter S, inlaid with many small green stones, glinted dully in the diffused light shining through the tent’s canvas roof.
- Slowly the edge of an ornate picture frame came into sight.
- They both looked at the ornate silver sword, its rubied hilt glinting a little in the light from Hermione’s wand.
- Two figures rose from chairs in front of an ornate marble fireplace as the prisoners were forced into the room by the Snatchers.
- As Bathilda fumbled with logs for the fire, he muttered "Tergeo": The dust vanished from the photographs, and he saw at once that half a dozen were missing from the largest and most ornate frames.
There are no more uses of "ornate" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The hotel is decorated with ornate furniture, lots of carved designs, and gold leaf gilding.
- It was the most ornate church I’ve ever seen.
Go to more samples