- "A what?" said Mrs. Weasley warily.
- The fox froze, wary eyes fixed upon this strange new phenomenon.
- Hermione and Ginny both hung back, looking wary.
- "I was under the impression that I was speaking to Mr. Gaunt," said Ogden, looking wary, but standing his ground.
- After a few seconds Riddle stopped glaring, though he looked, if anything, warier still.
- He looked wary.
- "Merlin’s beard, Harry, you made me jump," said Slughotn, stopping dead in his tracks and looking wary.
There are no more uses of "wary" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She was taught to be wary of strangers.
- She looked wary as she reached out to pet her friend’s new dog.
Go to more samples