- Luna did not seem perturbed by Ron’s rudeness; on the contrary, she simply watched him for a while as though he were a mildly interesting television programme.
- On the contrary, they all looked rather taken-aback at being addressed as though they were five years old.
- On the contrary, it was as though they were hoping he would get angry and start shouting again, so that they could hear his story first-hand.
- On the contrary, they exchanged significant looks.
- On the contrary, he was looking at Harry with distinct pride.
- On the contrary Harry felt he was getting worse with every lesson.
- On the contrary, her tone was cold and all of a sudden she looked rather forbidding.
- On the contrary, it felt as though it had been lying in the sun for hours, as though the glow of light within was warming it.
- ’On the contrary… the fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength.
- On the contrary, he felt even angrier that Dumbledore was showing signs of weakness.
- But, on the contrary, next moment Hagrid was standing again with what appeared to be a sack on his back then Harry realised that Fang’s limp body was draped around his shoulders.
There are no more uses of "contrary" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We will not allow members to act contrary to our code of ethics.
- What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say to the contrary.
Go to more samples