- They were all regarding him warily.
- Lupin, who had been about to take a sip of wine, lowered his goblet slowly, looking wary.
- ’Range of sweets to make you ill,’ George whispered, keeping a wary eye on Mrs Weasley’s back.
- Ron was staring at it, looking slightly wary.
- r No, don’t open it in here!’ said Sirius, with a wary look at Mrs Weasley, who was trying to persuade the twins to wear handknitted mittens.
- James and Sirius eyed it warily.
- Ron had lowered his leaflet on jobs in the Cultivated Fungus Trade and was watching the conversation warily.
- ’How are yeh, Magorian?’ said Hagrid warily.
There are no more uses of "wary" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She was taught to be wary of strangers.
- She looked wary as she reached out to pet her friend’s new dog.
Go to more samples