- Harry touched down right behind her and dismounted on a patch of unkempt grass in the middle of a small square.
- They could see the top of an unkempt gingery head and a stack of precariously balanced cauldrons.
- Sirius smiled bitterly and ran his fingers through his long, unkempt hair.
- She had long, dark hair that looked unkempt and straggly in the picture, though he had seen it sleek, thick and shining.
- The hair that had once been set in elaborate curls now hung lank and unkempt around her face.
- ’Harry, dear, are you sure you’re all right?’ said Mrs Weasley in a worried voice, as they walked around the unkempt patch of grass in the middle of Grimmauld Place.
There are no more uses of "unkempt" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- This kid has long, unkempt hair and a hardened look about him.
Neal Shusterman -- Unwind
- With his dark unkempt hair, his unlined face, he looked no more than twenty-five.
Go to more samples
Dave Eggers -- The Circle