- Kingsley Shacklebolt’s deep voice was audible even over the surrounding chatter.
- Still facing the carpet, he added, perfectly audibly, ’Nasty little brat of a blood traitor it is.’
- The class gave an audible sigh as it turned, as one, to page nineteen.
- There were oofis and gasps and Ron said audibly, ’Blimey!’
- ’I would also advise —’ Professor Umbridge gave another cough, a little more audible this time.
- Hagrid,’ she said in a whisper barely audible over the sound of the sleeping creature, ’who is he?
- Excellent,’ said Dean Thomas in an audible whisper, ’so we don’t have to worry about it till the holidays.
There are no more uses of "audible" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She spoke in a barely audible whisper.
- It was so quiet, our breathing was the only thing audible in the room.
Go to more samples