- "If you don’t know," said Ron scathingly, "I’m not going to tell you."
- Ron looked as though he would have liked to reply scathingly, but perhaps he didn’t want another row, because he contented himself with shaking his head disbelievingly while Hermione wasn’t looking.
- You only like him because he’s handsome," said Ron scathingly.
- Yeah, that’s right, smarm up to him, Malfoy," said Ron scathingly.
- Twitchy little ferret, aren’t you, Malfoy?" said Hermione scathingly, and she, Harry, and Ron went up the marble staircase laughing heartily.
There are no more uses of "scathing" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She was hurt by his scathing remarks.
- She withstood scathing criticism.
Go to more samples