- "I’ve told Mr. Crouch that I’ll have it ready by Tuesday," Percy was saying pompously.
- "Hermione, a wizard in Mr. Crouch’s position can’t afford a house-elf who’s going to run amok with a wand!" said Percy pompously, recovering himself.
- Percy had bustled over, rubbing his hands together and looking extremely pompous.
- He had always thought of Fudge as a kindly figure, a little blustering, a little pompous, but essentially good-natured.
There are no more uses of "pompous" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She gave another pompous speech.
- "Well done, Ron, excellent," said Percy Weasley pompously as "Zabini, Blaise," was made a Slytherin.
Go to more samples
J.K. Rowling -- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone