- Filch was the Hogwarts caretaker, a bad-tempered, failed wizard who waged a constant war against the students and, indeed, Peeves.
- Though Harry had by no means forgotten about Black, he couldn’t brood constantly on revenge if he wanted to help Hagrid win his case against the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures.
- This meant (as Wood constantly reminded his team) that they needed to win the match by more than that amount to win the Cup.
- She was usually last to leave the common room at night, first to arrive at the library the next morning; she had shadows like Lupin’s under her eyes, and seemed constantly close to tears.
- A muscle twitched unpleasantly at the corner of Snape’s thin mouth every time he looked at Harry, and he was constantly flexing his fingers, as though itching to place them around Harry’s throat.
- So you must catch it only if we’re more than fifty points up," Wood told Harry constantly.
There are no more uses of "constant" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The history of computers is a history of constant technological advancement.
- She is in constant pain.
Go to more samples